*We updated our list for 2021! COVID-19 restrictions may change the way you get to experience some of these wonderful places and services, so be sure to check the latest information on COVID-19 in Kelowna before you go.
In celebration of Canada’s 150th birthday we compiled a list of 150 local things to do in Kelowna BC (and surrounding area).
This list made us realize there is actually SO much to get out and in this city, with great local businesses to check out.
New to Kelowna? Start here (in no particular order):
- Pick up local veggies, fruits and other treats (or just stop by for lunch) at the Kelowna Farmer’s Market every Wednesday and Saturday (8AM – 1PM), and on Sundays downtown on Bernard Avenue (9AM – 2PM).
- Get a macchiato at one of the four Bean Scene locations.
- Ask for Bar Norcino at The Curious Cafe.
- Take a long bike ride along the Mission Greenway.
- Pick up some Okanagan Lifestyle swag at Man + Woman.
- Stock up on renovation materials at the award-winning Restore West Kelowna, or the Kelowna location.
- Get lost in the shelves at Mosaic Books.
- Convert to vegetarian at Naked Cafe.
- Ride in style and discover Kelowna’s growing craft-brewery scene on a group bicycle with Smile Cycle Tours!
- Explore new concepts in art at the Kelowna Art Gallery.
- Take a drive to Carmeli’s Goat Cheese farm for some cheese and gelato to take home (and a visit with the goats while you’re there!)
- Be one of the first of the season to downhill bike at Big White Ski Resort.
- Rollerblade the boardwalk through City Park.
- Put your fear of heights to the test at ZipZone in Peachland.
- Experience a local favourite – laksa soup – at Mad Mango Cafe.
- Groom up with a manicure and pedicure at Devotion Spa on Pandosy.
- Take the dog for a swim at Cedar Creek Park (and enjoy the beautiful drive on the way there).
- Guys and girls – get a trim at Plan B downtown.
- Try out the patio at Kelly O’Brien’s! It’s open all year round. (You can also get a free meal on your birthday!)
- Pick up a picnic charcuterie and a bottle of wine and sit on the beach at Frind Winery in West Kelowna.
- For people who know pizza and beer are the best pairing, check out Jackknife Brewing in the North End.
- Find some thrifting gems at Stone Fox Clothing Co.
- Get the aggression out with indoor axe throwing at Axe Monkeys.
- Go for a drive up the Naramata Bench and visit the roadside wineries along the way.
- Hike to Paul’s Tomb for a swim in its secluded swimming hole.
- Get a fantastic view of the Okanagan Lake from the top of Mission Hill (and sample wines while you’re there, of course).
- Putt away the afternoon at 19 Greens Premier Putting Course.
- Sample a flight of ciders in a picturesque orchard setting at Truck 59.
- Climb your way to the top at Gneiss Climbing Gym.photo: gneissclimbing.com
- Fill your basket with a variety of fresh Okanagan apples and other fruits, veggies and local treats from the BC Tree Fruits Market.
- Treat yourself to an Okanagan signature – the red or white wine vinotherapy massage from Beyond Wrapture Day Spa and Retreat.
- Take the pup to one of Kelowna’s massive dog parks – including on Knox Mountain Park and in North Glenmore.
- Rent a Jetski at MachBoats for an exciting day on the lake.
- Unleash the children for some indoor playground fun at Energyplex.
- Challenge your gang of friends or family to a round of paintball at Safari Ridge Adventure Park.
- Tour one of Kelowna’s most revered heritage buildings – the Laurel Packinghouse – where the Okanagan Wine & Orchard Museum awaits.
- Peer into some of Kelowna’s rich and varied history with a tour of the historic Father Pandosy Mission on Benvoulin Rd.
- Try something totally out of the ordinary with a decadent escape to Sparkling Hill Kurspa in Vernon.
- Ride the waves at the H2O Adventure + Fitness Centre – the largest municipal water park in Canada!photo: pcl.com
- Get closer to the land down under at the Kangaroo Creek Farm, where you can visit kangaroos, wallabies and much more.
- Explore beautiful trails on a guided horseback ride through the Kettle Valley Railway Trail with Kelowna Stables @ Myra Canyon Ranch.
- Sip on local craft beer after honing your 10 pin game at McCurdy Bowling, with the adjoining Freddy’s Brew Pub.
- See the Okanagan countryside from the back of an ATV with Okanagan ATV Tours.
- Cruise the lake on a beautiful sunny day with a boat rental from Lakefront Sports Centre.
- Go up with the clouds to experience a view of Kelowna unlike any other with Okanagan Ballooning.
- Calm your senses with a soothing walk through the Okanagan Lavender Herb Farm.
- Get to the heart of what makes the Okanagan unique with a visit to the Okanagan Heritage Museum.
- Find what you’re after at Orchard Park Shopping Centre, which hosts over 170 stores and is the largest shopping mall in the Okanagan.
- Stroll down Bernard Street with an ice cream cone in hand from Moo-Lix Ice Cream.photo: moolix.ca
- Browse, sample and take home unique refreshments from Okanagan Spirits, Western Canada’s oldest craft distillery.
- Get your heart pumping with a strength class at Rec Fitness.
- Wander the aisles of fantastic finds Pandosy Books, a used bookstore located off of Springfield Rd.
- Sharpen your game at the tennis courts at City Park and Kinsmen Park.
- Loosen up with a warm yoga class at Pranify Yoga Kelowna.
- Disc golf at the bottom of Knox Mountain!
- Test your muscle strength and endurance at Global Fitness & Racquet Centre.
- Pack a lunch and work on that tan at Gyro Park!
- Test your lap time at the Apple Bowl track.photo: kelownanow.com
- Get the good stuff with a 2-piece halibut fish and chip plate at The Table Cafe at Codfather’s Market.
- Is it Wednesday yet? When it is, go for wings at Mission Tap House.
- Tour Arlo’s Honey Farm and take home some sweet, local products made by their Okanagan bees.
- Pick up a loaf of fresh sourdough bread and an oat milk latte to-go at Sprout Bread Shop.
- Relive the best of classic arcade games, go-carts and mini golf at Scandia Golf and Games.
- Up for a mountain biking challenge? Explore the trail network at Smith Creek (lots of good hiking trails, too!)
- Experience a sensory-less adventure unlike any other at Float Space.
- Check out a true Kelowna classic – blues music performed by local legends on Saturday night at Blue Gator Bar & Grill.
- Take in a drive-in movie at Starlight Drive In, just an hour drive outside Kelowna.
- Get your zen on at Kasugai Gardens.
- All aboard for a sunset cruise on Okanagan Lake with Kelowna Cruises!
- Laugh the night away at Dakoda’s Sports Lounge & Grill, with open mic night on Thursdays and pro comedy evenings through the weekends.
- Pick up all the fixings for a picnic at Sarsons Beach with a quick stop at Valoroso Foods for Italian meats, cheeses and desserts.
- Test your crafting skills with a private candle making workshop with Kelowna Candle Factory.
- Make like you’re in Italy with a long and winding drive to Bertram Creek Regional Park.
- Book a wine tour tasting to experience the finest large and small wineries in Kelowna with Uncorked Wine Tours.
- Taste some of the finest Pacific Northwest cuisine at Raudz Regional Table, which emphasizes locally sourced and organic ingredients in its dishes and drinks.photo: www.raudz.com
- Tone up from the toes up at Barre Room.
- Pick up a scone and a coffee at Bliss Bakery in Peachland before heading out onto the Beach Avenue boardwalk for a lakeside stroll.
- Dare yourself to try only one chocolate at Annegrete’s Chocolates (you will fail), or cozy up to a hot chocolate – the real deal!
- Turn up for Hip Hop Brunch at Krafty Kitchen + Bar on the weekend.
- Find something unique for the home at Lakehouse Home Store.
- Climb, hike and explore the southernmost point of Myra-Bellevue Provincial Park, revered for its bouldering potential!
- For the best gluten free options in breakfast and lunch, check out Cherry Pit and Marmalade Cat Cafe.
- Update your hairstyle with the help of one of the fabulous hairdressers at Mint Salon.
- Make your home a bit brighter with a fresh bouquet from Landmark Flowers.
- Sample some of the best vegetarian Thai food at Lake Tai Restaurant.
- Explore some of the delicious fare in wine and food West Kelowna has to offer on its Westside Wine Trail.photo: tourismkelowna.com / Quails’ Gate Estate Winery
- Drive, bike or walk down Abbot Street in downtown Kelowna for a look at some of the most beautiful heritage homes in the valley.
- Get the look of a suntanned bod (you’ll want it for the beach!) without the harmful effects of UV rays with a spray tan session at Organic Tan.
- Treat yourself to weekend brunch at Bright Jenny one of the latest independent coffee shops to burst on to the Kelowna coffee scene.
- Stop in for a craft beer or hand-crafted cocktail at Micro Bar + Bites (it’s a good place to spend time while you wait for your table at Raudz!)
- Get breakfast at Okanagan Street Food next Saturday, and then head over to the Urban Harvest warehouse sale for the freshest picks of local, organic produce and groceries.
- Rent a kayak from Okanagan Beach Rentals and head out for an early morning paddle on Okanagan Lake.
- Drive north to Atlantis Waterslides in Vernon for some slipping, sliding summer fun.
- Grab a skateboard and head to Ben Lee Park in Rutland, the largest skatepark in the Okanagan. Ben Lee is also home to a waterpark, playground, hiking trails and more.
- Sprawl out on the huge patio at Rustic Reel Brewing Co., where you can enjoy a meal with your beer, or grab a coffee to go.
- Tour O’Keefe Ranch, a BC Heritage Site in Vernon, where you’ll experience a taste of life in the Okanagan from the Victorian perspective.
- Enjoy one of Kelowna’s renowned golf courses, such as Harvest Golf Club, Gallagher’s Canyon Golf: Pinnacle Course and Michaelbrook Golf Club.
- Get a beer and go bowling at BNA Brewery Co. & Eatery, Kelowna’s premier craft brewery.photo: www.bnabrewing.com
- Bring your camera long for the beautiful views on your hike on the Spion Kop trails in Lake Country.
- Pick up a slice of pizza downtown at DunnEnzies Pizza
- Drive your boat to dinner by parking it at the Downtown Marina and walking a few steps to Cantina del Centro for some tacos and super-delicious avocado margaritas.
- Book your next tattoo appointment at Bertram and Co. Tattoo and Piercing.
- Browse old books while drinking a latte or milkshake and enjoy the vintage charm of Pulp Fiction Coffee House.
- Try on beautiful glasses and schedule an eye exam at Inspired Eyes Creative Eyewear.
- Never be without something to do on a rainy day with Planet Lazer Kelowna (still fun on sunny days, too).
- Set a new personal record on Strava with a road bike up the Knox Mountain Hill Climb
- Nothing pairs better than frozen yogurt and a car wash, and you can get both at Sonic Wash Express in West Kelowna.
- Visit Trout Waters Fly & Tackle for expert fishing advice and a fantastic selection of fishing gear and supplies.
- Bring home your own hand-picked strawberries and cherries from some of Kelowna’s U-Pick orchards.
- A stroll downtown on a weekend evening in the summer isn’t complete without stopping by to check out the local music and dancing performances organized by Festivals Kelowna (Parks Alive).
- Dream a little dream with a browse of the fine jewelry at the CJEX. Find designers you will adore, like Tacori and Noam Carver, and get expert advice from they’re extremely knowledgeable and friendly staff.
- Whether it’s summer or winter, Freeride Boardshop in West Kelowna and downtown Penticton has you covered for apparel and gear for your seasonal adventures on the lake and on the mountain.
- Check out one of the most epic wing night scenes in Kelowna at Tonic’s Pub.
- Walk a quiet path at Eagle View and Quail Flume trails, located just west of the Quail Ridge neighbourhood.
- Stop in for a fresh baguette at Okanagan Grocery on Gordon Drive. The shop features gourmet cheeses, jellies, soups and stocks to pair with their renowned baked goods.
- Don’t miss out on local apples, peaches and cherries from one of the many roadside fruit farms in Kelowna.
- Satisfy your sushi craving with a visit to the local favourite for Japanese food, Bluetail.
- Fancy something a bit sweet? Karat Chocolate features desserts and treats that are as beautiful as they are delicious.
- Frankie We Salute You has elegant craft cocktails and refreshing vegetarian fare – it’s a must-visit.
- Take home a stack of books, DVD’s and magazines at the Kelowna Regional Library on Ellis Street.photo: nansengroup.net
- Visit Indigenous World Winery in West Kelowna and experience one of two Indigenous-owned wineries in British Columbia.
- Take your dog to Cedar Creek Park, Kelowna’s dog-friendly beach.
- Let a wine tasting at O’Rourke’s Peak Cellars turn into a full-on mid-afternoon charcuterie and wine date on its adjoining patio.
- Book an appointment for your bridal or prom dress needs at Bliss Bridal at its new location in the heart of Pandosy Village on KLO Road.
- See how many you can eat at Cecil’s Perogies on Richter Street.
- Get inspired to create art with a visit to Opus Art Supplies on Ellis Street.
- Pick up a couple of delicious, local loose leaf teas (and a cup to go!) at Chaibaba.
- Fill your growler with locally brewed beer at Tree Brewing Co.
- Go for a stroll through one of West Kelowna’s most beautiful heritage farm regional parks, Gellatly Nut Farm.
- Take a bike ride or walk across the Bennett Bridge and circle back into City Park through the underpass and onto the boardwalk by the lake.
- Satisfy your burrito craving at Latin Fiesta – Dos Chiles Restaurant in Rutland.
- Hunt for something original at the Rutland Community Market, which runs every Sunday between 8AM – 1PM at Roxby Park.
- Enjoy a bit of natural serenity at the Guisachan Heritage Park on Cameron Road.
- Drive to Apex Mountain Resort for a scenic summertime look at one of the most epic downhill mountains in the Okanagan. Stop at Slackwater Brewing in Penticton on your way there for a taproom experience unlike any other.
- Dogs enjoy a trip to the beach, too. Take your pup to the Gellatly Dog Beach in West Kelowna.
- Get even more information about the epic adventures and experiences that await you with a visit to the Tourism Kelowna office!
- Designate a drive and cruise up to East Kelowna for a delicious tour of the FabFive wineries, which includes House of Rose, Camelot Vineyards Estate, The Vibrant Vine, Spierhead Winery and The View.
- Stock your kitchen with quality cookware and supplies from The Chef’s Edge in Glenmore.
- Try not to eat everything in sight at the renowned Hotel Eldorado Sunday brunch.
- Surprise a loved one with a mini road trip out to Oliver for a night at the guest house at Burrowing Owl Winery.
- Pitch a tent at Bear Creek Provincial Park for a weekend of swimming, hot-dog roasting and sitting around a fire.
- Get down to the beach with a hike in Kalamoir Park in West Kelowna.
- Plot out the garden of your dreams at The Greenery.
- Satisfy your ramen cravings at Wasabi Ramen. Authentic, made in-house Japanese Ramen.
- Take a deep breath and find some quiet in nature at Arion Therapeutic Farm, a volunteer-driven social enterprise where guests can access interactive tours and therapeutic farm and horse experiences.
- Go for a burger and a curl at the Kelowna Curling Club, every Sunday for $19.00 per person, which includes two hours of ice time and rental gear.
- Satisfy your craving for Thai food at one of the two Zabb Thai Restaurants in Kelowna.
- Put your leg muscles to the test at the Boucherie Grind (the West Kelowna version of the infamous Grouse Grind in Vancouver).
- If you’re into dirt biking, you’ve got to check out the Kelowna Dirtbike Club track on Bear Lake Main Road.
- Strike up a conversation with a local (from a safe distance!) to learn something new about this unforgettable place we call home!
Did we miss a spot? Let me know in the comments!
You missed Go With the Wind Cruises. Sailing cruises since 1998 and rated at the top on Trip Advisor. Scenic, entertaining, informative and personal cruises by sail or power. Guests receive a 300 page ebook and a souvenir postcard of their choice along with complimentary soft drinks, water and snacks and photos of themselves taken while cruising.
Run away and join the circus! 😉 Check out Studio X Fitness for aerial silks, aerial hoops, pole dancing, and many more fitness options!
Leathead and Rutland rd
Has a new coffee ice cream bar thats supberb.
We would love if you can mention Okanagan Yacht Tours – Largest private luxury sailing yacht tours. We operate from April 1 to October 31. We can take up to 12 passengers. http://www.yachtlife.ca – 250-300-5646
Please and thanks 🙂